Monday 16 July 2012

Pin It

Widgets

The Curse Of A South Asian Couch Potato

 
 Note. This is a Guest Post by Adeena Siddiqui. She Blogs and tweets.
 
I gave no interest in Pakistani shows whatsoever and in this post I’m going to tell you just that. Thank you Mirsub for giving me a chance to tell all of you the error of our television industry.

So first off, let’s talk about the horror that is the morning show phenomenon. *dhang dhang dhaaaang*
Not far are the days when somebody just smashes their heads in the TV because of Nida Yasir’s ‘wedding week’ or Shaista Wahidi’s take on Supernatural. I mean, morning shows are about waking up and enjoying a cup of coffee  with your viewers and talking about current affairs and have interesting guests around. I’m sorry but I don’t remember the last time I saw that happen.

Nobody wants to wake up to an overdressed woman, with make-up caked on her face screaming into her microphone, ‘GOOD MORNINGGGG PAKISTAN!’ And neither do they want random women going crazy about random people dancing about and making fun of the unfortunate couple that are getting married on their show.
More on that – why would anybody want to get married on TV? I actually feel sorry for all those guests at the event who look terribly miserable and extremely bored. They aren’t allowed to talk and all they can do is stupid people clowning around.
Next come the 2-starred dramas.
Some shows are proud to house the dramatic background music from Indian dramas and are all for those crazy cameramen panning their faces with the camera. Like, seriously, I want to watch something suspenseful and fun but if I have to get dizzy doing it – no thank you.
And not to mention Humsafar. For once did the maniacs create a drama that was worth the watch – Hum starts interviewing the cast every other day, selling t-shirts and coffee mugs from the show.
I like the drama – but not enough to watch it twice and wear t-shirts with the cast’s faces on them.
And the political talk shows. I’m sorry, but I thought this was a political show not a ‘I’ll dress up and sit in front of the camera and you guys can shout’ show.
The host of these talk shows will act terribly bossy and like she knows it all. And the people on the show will go arguing and half the time you’ll just be wondering what they’re talking about.
So, this is me with fingers crossed that the television industry is on it’s way to improvement!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...